Do you love listening to music while you work? Or maybe you like cranking up the tunes when gaming with your friends.
If so, Discord is the perfect platform for you!
Discord allows users to listen to music from various sources, including YouTube, SoundCloud, and Spotify, promising an immersive and entertaining experience for all users.
This guide will walk you through the steps of playing music in Discord.
How to Play Music in Discord With a Bot
For Android Users:
Follow the steps below:
- Head over to discordbots.org.
- Click the Music tab to see a list of music bots to choose from (popular options include Astolfo, Sinon, and MedalBot).
- Tap the View button to get details about each bot.
- Once you’ve chosen a bot, hit Invite to add it to your Discord.
- Sign in to your Discord account. When redirected to the bot website, choose a server to play music.
- Click on the Authorize button and tick-mark the “I’m not a robot” box to install the music bot to your server.
- Open Discord and go to the Menu
- Choose the server on which you added the bot.
- Enter the command to make the bot play music once you’ve joined a voice channel. You can find it on the bot’s website.
For iPhone Users
Setting up the MEE6 bot is the best way to play music in Discord on your iPhone. Follow the steps below:
- Go to MEE6’s official website and sign in to your Discord.
- Authorize the bot to access your account.
- Select a server for the bot.
- Click on the Plugins button and tap Music. If you’ve previously disabled this function, press Add.
- Open Discord and join a voice channel.
- Enter !search and type the name of the song or artist you want to listen to.
- From the list generated by the bot, select the number of the track and add it to your playlist.
- Type !play to enjoy your favorite tune!
How to Play Music in Discord without a Bot
You must connect your Discord account to Spotify to play music without a bot.
Follow the steps below:
- Open your Discord account and go to User Settings.
- Click on Connections and select Spotify under the tab that says Connect Your Accounts.
- After receiving a notification saying, “Connected Your Spotify Account to Discord,” scroll down on your Discord account to confirm the connection.
That’s it. You can now start listening to your favorite songs and music artists on Discord!
Discord allows you to enjoy your favorite tunes while gaming, talking, or working. Whether you use an Android or iPhone, you can play music on this platform with or without a bot.
For Android users, discordbots.org has a list of bots, whereas the MEE6 bot is best for iPhones.
If you don’t want to use a bot to play music in Discord, you can connect your account with Spotify with just a few clicks.
Eric Dalius is The Executive Chairman of MuzicSwipe. Eric Dalius is also the host of the Weekly podcast program named FULL SPEED. Eric Dalius is also a philanthropist, who has established four scholarships for US based graduate & under grad students.